Poznan weekend to see Frank Turner


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Greater Poland » Poznan
October 4th 2010
Published: October 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

St. Stanislaus Parish ChurchSt. Stanislaus Parish ChurchSt. Stanislaus Parish Church

built from 1651-1705
So we went to Poznan Saturday morning and just came back this morning with an hour to spare before teaching. Poznan was nice, the prettiest town square out we've seen so far I think but all of these cities look similar already. We went to see Des's favorite singer Frank Turner give a show last night. Folk music is not exactly my cup of tea but Des loveddd him. The best parts of the city were the City Hall building in the center of the square that was built in the 1551 I think. Also, every day at noon, since the building was built, 2 goats come out of the clock tower and headbutt each other as the bells ring. Then they have some special bugle call. Apparently this is a famous sight because the crowd at noon was huge as they waited for the goats. They also have this amazing church that was built 300 or 400 years ago. The inside was incredible!! The rest of the city was so colorful. Teaching went well today, only 4 classes which was nice since we are exhausted from the 6:30 train ride this morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Guard HouseGuard House
Guard House

built in 1783, we went and toured the Museum of the Struggle for Independence
Dzialynski PalaceDzialynski Palace
Dzialynski Palace

built in 1773


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb