potato day


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Greater Poland » Poznan
October 8th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

one month exactly that i've been in poland now. and for a recollection of what ive done:
started with a 28hour painfall plane flight, then a week for orientation in Warsaw, were i and jo were labled the anti-socials of the group. then trained our way over to Poznan, where we were met by our host, and taken to our 'home for 5 months'. first day at school was intimidating as hell, with kids staring , well the ones who can see, from every angle at us, looking us up and down. by the second day, as faces started becoming more familiar, we started getting 'hello's' in the corridor. now its our 4th week here, and we're getting 'zom' with a punch to the knuckles(apprently its the hip and cool way of saying hey to fellow young ones).
we've had about 4 day trips to Poznan, which is only about 15kms away, and we've gotten losted three out of the four times. we've visited the LECH brewery, were at the of the tour, were given a free beer. i must stop n point out here that a standard beer is half a litre-its GREAT! and also, vodka is so cheap...40%, 1 litre, $10!
ive been to 2 church services, which was stand up, sit down, the whole time, and daggered looks being thrown my way every time every one crossed themselves, or knelt to pray n i just stood there.
the weather is slowly getting cooler too. i wear 5 or 6 layers a day, n am still shaking, and its not even cold yet....so im screwed!
what else....ooo, i went to the cinemas on saturday school excursion....we watched a polish was film, about the nazi's. it was all in polish, but i could still pick up words n get the main drift of the movie, and the last scene was horrific-the unwanted 'professionals' being shot in the back of the heads n tossed into trenches filled with hundreds of bloody dead bodies...then the movie ends, so you're left with that to feel sick with for the rest of the day!
n this weekend, we're going to Krakow, about an 8 hour train ride away, were will be visiting Auztwich...german concentration camp. should be incredibly sad, but hopefully a huge eye opener...so that, im sure will be the heading for my next blog...
so till then.....tata!
xo
oh, n today its potato day for poznan(??!?!?), so we're heading outside, were i guess we'll be getting ...potatos!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb