7 Amazing Places to Visit in the Netherlands


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands
February 12th 2022
Published: February 12th 2022
Edit Blog Post

The Netherlands is a beautiful country with much to offer tourists. From the vibrant city of Amsterdam to the peaceful countryside, there is something for everyone. If you're looking for a vacation destination that offers a little bit of everything, the Netherlands should be at the top of your list! In this blog post, we will discuss 7 amazing places to visit in the Netherlands.

Amsterdam




The most popular destination in the Netherlands is Amsterdam. It's a city with more than one identity: it's both the capital of The Netherlands and also its party center, attracting tourists with an endless array of attractions.

The best way to explore this beautiful city is just walking around, taking in all that it has to offer. There are narrow streets, cute little houses with beautiful gardens, cozy cafes, and lots of interesting shops. Be sure to visit the Anne Frank House, where you can learn about the famous Jewish girl who hid from the Nazis during World War II, as well as the Rijksmuseum which is home to a large collection of art. Also, canal cruises offer a relaxing way to see some sights by boat or hop on board for a dinner cruise and enjoy live entertainment as you sail along the charming canals of the city.

Tulip fields




The tulip fields in Netherlands are a must-see for any visitor to the Netherlands. The best time to visit is between mid-April through early May when tulips bloom, but people come from all over Europe throughout springtime just so they can see what it feels like to be surrounded by flowers.

Keukenhof Gardens




Keukenhof Gardens, also known as the "Garden of Europe," is a beautiful park located in Lisse, Netherlands, that is home to millions of tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, and other spring flowers. The garden features more than 7 million flower bulbs that are planted annually. It's open from mid-March through mid-May, and during that time it's visited by more than 1 million people from all over the world.

Giethoorn village




Giethoorn is a beautiful village located in the province of Overijssel, Netherlands. It is often referred to as "Venice of the North" because of its many canals and waterways, as well as the fact that is has few roads. The village is a popular spot for tourists who want to take a romantic boat ride through the canals or go for a peaceful walk. There are also some nice restaurants and cafes where you can enjoy a bite to eat or drink.If you're looking for a unique and charming place to visit in the Netherlands, Giethoorn is definitely worth a visit.

Zaanse Schanse




Zaanse Schans is a neighborhood in the Dutch town of Zaandam, very close to Amsterdam. It's well known for its traditional Dutch architecture, windmills, and cheese factories. It is a great place for a day trip from Amsterdam.

Rotterdam




Rotterdam is the second-largest city in the Netherlands and one of the most important ports in Europe. The city has a rich history and a diverse culture that is reflected in its architecture and art. Rotterdam was heavily damaged during World War II, and much of its historic architecture was destroyed. But the city was rebuilt afterward and its modern architecture is now a major tourist attraction.You should check out the Cube houses, which are in fact a hostel, during your visit.

Delft




Delft is a beautiful city in the Netherlands, and there are plenty of things to see and do there. One of the most popular attractions is the Delft Blue Pottery Museum, which is home to a large collection of blue pottery from the Dutch Golden Age. Other must-see sights include the Nieuwe Kerk (New Church), which is one of the largest churches in the country, and the Oude Kerk (Old Church), which is the oldest church in Delft. There are also plenty of restaurants and cafes in Delft where you can enjoy a meal or a cup of coffee.



If you’re looking to visit a new country, make sure you add the Netherlands on your list. The 7 destinations I've listed are some of my favorite places in Europe and there is plenty more for visitors to explore! You'll be glad you took the time to see these wonderful sites. Enjoy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb