Ut in Utrecht, Amsterdam and the Hague


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » Province of Utrecht » Utrecht
April 13th 2008
Published: May 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After arriving at the Frankfurt Hahn airport, dropping off the car, checking in, going through security, having a coffee then going to the gate we discover that our Ryan Air flight is over 6 hours delayed. This meant the connecting flight in London Stansted to Amsterdam would be missed. Hot on the laptops to find alternatives and getting our bags returned, we managed to get into Frankfurt central train station and catch an express train directly to Utrecht. How lucky was that!

At the station was Giovanna waiting for us! We had a lovely walk back in the warm, sunny weather to Bastiaan's place, her boyfriend. It was really cool of him to let us crash there. She met Bastiaan in Saba when she was a dive instructor... a special island it certainly is. We were treated to dinner and drinks and there was plenty of island gossip for the girls to catch up on.

The next days we got out and walked about Utrecht, which to me, with all the canals looked a lot like Amsterdam, but more quaint. The good thing about that was that we were pretty much the only tourists. We also managed to go to the Hague to see a band Vivi is a fan of: The Racoons. They were pretty good and the atmosphere was pleasant with all the Dutch girls singing along to the lovey dovey songs. No complaints! The last night we got out to see some other sort of ladies in Amsterdam... but you couldn't hear them sing behind the glass.

It was a very relaxing and chilled visit and was great to meet Giovanna and Bastiaan. We're looking forward to having them visit, if we ever get a place!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb