BEING ONE WITH THE GARDEN.


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland
June 5th 2014
Published: June 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

HAPPINESS!HAPPINESS!HAPPINESS!

just these little signs we found at a cafe, such a nice little thing.

BEING ONE WITH THE GARDEN.




(..and you thought yesterday was cruisey, wait till you hear about the next couple of days.)



DAY THREE & DAY FOUR:
Because we had Wednesday and Thurday free and mum knew that oma wanted to replant her front garden so that it would flower although the year, we thought that those couple of days were perfect! Our first plan was to pick Oma up from Wagnum after breakfast, so that we could head to 'De Boet' which is pretty much a Bunnings in Australia, except the garden section is huge! We arrived in Wognum a little later than planned. (My little sister isn't the quickest out of bed..) At oma's my little cousin had surprised us, and was excited to come shopping with all of us... but first, a quick bite to eat.

'De Boet' was in Hoogwoud it was a short drive drive from Wognum, but then again everything is pretty close by in Holland. ANYWAYS... DE BOET WAS HUGE! Our mission was to find plants that could handle sun, because they were in an open spot. Frost, so that they would survive the winter. They had to
just an idea...just an idea...just an idea...

these aren't the cakes we had a 'de boet' but it gives you a bit of an idea what the different cakes look like... fair bit different to Australia.
be pretty, for obvious reasons. Between my cousins, my little sister, mum and myself we made up quite the selection that would look very pretty in the garden. We also had to look at a selection of leafy plants that were just 100% pretty all the time. Hanging pots was on the shopping list too but surprisingly 'De Boet' didn't have what we were looking for.
We stopped for a coffee and a bite to eat in the cafe, that's right.. it has it's own cafe! i had a Chocomel and a cake, it was a layered chocolate mouse and sponge then rolled in chocolate flakes. IT WAS SO IMMENSELY RICH I JUST COULDN'T FINISH IT.. AND THAT'S REALLY SAYING SOMETHING.
My little sister had the same, and my younger cousin had a chocolate fudge muffin with a sort of chocolate sauce in the middle, it looked just as delicious.

The daughter of mums sister, has only been studying English for the first year so she knew a little bit, but was too shy at first to really try and say anything. Then by the end of the day, she was pretty confident using the words monkey. Which she
The outdoor foyer. The outdoor foyer. The outdoor foyer.

this is the area we made all pretty, with all the new plants planted and ready to grow!
insisted I was. So once she got talking and comfortable putting a few English in her sentences she was a lot easier to understand. For a girl that was only 10 she was so funny, she had a sort of attitude that was just funny. Even though most of the time she was talking dutch you could just tell that by the way she had her tone when she was making fun of someone or picking on them. Through the shop she'd find a ornament or something and point to it and say something like "you are this.." i'd been called, a monkey, a hippo, a cow and that was all by a girl that hardly had any English!

We were missing a few sorts of flowers, then mum remembered that one of her friends from 20+ years ago had a flower business. So we went there for oma to find a few extra things and mum had a reason to catch up with her friend quickly. It was a quick reunion but it was good for them to see each other after 20+ years.
Once they'd caught up a little, we headed to the cashier with our extra
following a canaal.following a canaal.following a canaal.

these were just some boats parked in a canaal, very pretty.
plants paid for them and jumped back into the car.

On the way back to Wognum, we played a hardcore game of corners all cramped up in the back seat with our flowers (most of them survived). Then we arrived and unloaded the car, by now it was nearing late afternoon and we figured tomorrow was another day, so we would plant the plants then.

The rest of the night was pretty cruisey, we didn't have anything planned. But it's always good just to sit back and have a chat. 😊

Thursday morning i was up early again, with a track record of waking up at 5:30, 6:30, 6:30 then 6:45 my sleeping was improving but it was still too early. 7:00 is an alright time to wake up, but not when you've been to bed at 1:30 the night before.. so it was still clear that the time difference was still effecting my body. The plan was to be at Oma's by lunch, so that we could eat before starting with the gardening. We had simple sandwiches, bread an ham.. but it was still really nice. Most of the meat in Holland is so delicious! Then
what road?what road?what road?

an idea of just how crowded roads can really get.. thankfully we weren't in the DODGE!
we got cracking on the gardening, we just had to plant what we had bought the day before and fertilized it all, as well as top up the garden bed so that it was sitting a bit higher against the barrier. All of it was an easy job, it took no time at all. But the garden looked very nice by the time everything was planted and oma was very happy with how it looked!

Once all the gardening was done we headed home, and chilled a bit more. We then decided to go to the cinema because mum and dad were going out, so our aunty took my little sister, myself and her daughter to the Schagen Cinema to go see Maleficent in 3D with Angelina Jollie. Mum had given me some money for the tickets and i just thought, i'd let my aunty pay, then pay the money back to her. But she insisted it was fine and she'd pay, although she did want a nice coffee during the movie. I thought.. ' a coffee during the cinema? how was i going to do that?' Anyways, i let it be. We ordered 'nachos with cheese' and 'nachos with salsa' personally i would've called it Dorritos with either a cheese or salsa dip, but the cinema called it nachos. The movie was great! the 3D was epic.. then about half way through the movie, it just stopped!
I thought it was either broken, or we were only seeing half a movie! But it turns out, that the cinemas in Holland have a 10 minute break in the movie and then everything made sense! We ducked out back to the order a coffee and some other drinks (my shout) to take back to the movie and then we sat down again and watched the other half of the movie.

We were home at about 12:00 and we thought mum and dad would be home by then, but they weren't! We all had planned to stay up until mum had got home to wish her happy birthday but the time was 12:00 then 12:30, then 1:00 and we thought 'no more! it's bed time!' So we went to bed.

And those where the two easiest days of the holiday so far, gardening and movies... what more could you want?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb