Still in Den Helder!!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Den Helder
June 26th 2012
Published: June 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So here I am, sat on my father's yacht in a naval town called Den Helder. Today is quite a lazy day as Dad needs to get some washing done and we need to stock up on supplies for the next 3 or 4 days. Den Helder is not the most attractive town but it has everything a yachtman/ woman would need to survive.

So having had a 13 hour journey across Scandinavia and Northern Europe yesterday I slept like a log last night. It was amazing to remember how relaxing it is to sleep on a yacht with the lap of the water licking the side of the boat. After some breakfast, we moved the boat 2 miles down the canal to a marina by the open North Sea. We went through two swing bridges and a lock and it was fantastic to see all the mechanics of Hollands waterways on this short trip.

So the plan for the next few weeks is to slowly move our way across the German Frisian Islands to Denmark and then on to Sweden. I have been assured by Skipper Dad that the tides and the wind make for some thought provoking sailing....fingers crossed we get to the land of Swede.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb