Layover in Holland


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
November 28th 2005
Published: December 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

It was only a layover...but since most of us had never been there before, we took advantage of the time and road the train into Amsterdam, our anticipated destination being the Anne Frank House. Amsterdam was totally different from any American city I've ever been to. There were bikes everywhere!

We walked down street after street, and there were canals next to basically every street with probably as many boats as there were cars in the street.

We visited the Anne Frank House and got to walk in the rooms where the Frank family spent several years hiding. It was an awesome experience! (and for any of you who haven't read the book or seen the new version of the movie, I highly recommend that you do. Next to the Bible, the Diary of Anne Frank is the most widely read book).

On our way back to the train station, we got a little lost and accidentally wandered into the red light district and suddenly the quaint town suddenly didn't look very appealing. Bleh!

We arrived back at the airport, got through security, and boarded a KLM flight to Tel Aviv.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

My ParentsMy Parents
My Parents

My cute parents and Pat, a friend of ours who roomed with my sis and I in Israel
Dad and SonnyDad and Sonny
Dad and Sonny

Seeing some different sites around the city
Sonny and MeSonny and Me
Sonny and Me

Aren't we cute!
JamieJamie
Jamie

Well, you can kind of see her. She spent 99% of the day behind that camera. We had to forbid her from taking any more pictures otherwise we would have missed our plane. A photographer's paradise.


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb