Amsterdam is beautiful!


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 28th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our room at the Bed & BreakfastOur room at the Bed & BreakfastOur room at the Bed & Breakfast

Such a beautiful place to stay! We are on Java Eiland, just across the canal from Grand Central Station in Amsterdam.
Hello from Amsterdam! Tony and I have been enjoying our time here. We have gotten to visit several museums so far, thanks to the IAmsterdam Pass, which gets us into many museums for free and onto the public transportation system as well. So far we have been to the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum (yahoo!!), and the Amsterdam Historich Museum. All of these have been very interesting, and we have also walked around quite a bit of the city and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. All of the canals of Amsterdam make it quite the picturesque area. Also, because the city is so far north, the sun doesnít set until around 10:30 pm, and it stays twilight until around 11.

Although we are enjoying ourselves so much here, we are both finding that we are quite exhausted from our travels. We are really looking forward to some down-time in TN before we start getting settled in that area. So, next time from HOME!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Me at the RijksmuseumMe at the Rijksmuseum
Me at the Rijksmuseum

We saw so many beautiful works of art by famous Dutch artists, such as Rembrandt. Although the museum is being remodeled, they left the "masterpieces" out for public viewing.
Tony Tony
Tony

Tony looking towards the side of the Rijskmuseum, on our way to the Van Gogh Museum.
Me at the Van Gogh Museum!Me at the Van Gogh Museum!
Me at the Van Gogh Museum!

I was thrilled to visit this museum, as Van Gogh is my favorite painter! Tony and I enjoyed seeing his works again in real life. We also learned more about this troubled man.
Tony and ITony and I
Tony and I

Walking around the city.
Beautiful canalsBeautiful canals
Beautiful canals

We were both amazed at the beauty of the city. We also were amused at this quite decorative bicycle.
Crooked buildingCrooked building
Crooked building

We liked the look of this lopsided building outside of the Amsterdam Historich museum.


30th May 2008

Was great to talk with you, Tony!
I'm glad you've both made it back to the U.S. safely. Those travel certificates worked! By this time Tucker is covering your faces with dog kisses and your families are pampering and spoiling you like crazy. Thanks so much for keeping this blog for all of us armchair travelers. It's been a lot of fun!
2nd June 2008

You two are so adventuresone, adaptable and enthusiastic that I predict you will find ways, even after you are settled in Tennessee, to get out to more exciting places to serve and spread the Word. Missed you in church today, Starla. The Praise team was down to just Sherry, Trista and Matt. Your beautiful voice on "The Solid Rock" would have made it that much more special. Pat

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb