Leaving for Zurich tomorrow


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
May 7th 2007
Published: May 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We've spent the last few days in Amsterdam and are getting ready to leave tomorrow morning.
When we got to Amsterdam we were all really tired...but we ended up staying up half the night with $6 pitchers of beer at the hostel bar. The next day we slept in and went to the Van Gogh museum (to see the REAL sunflower painting). On the way we stopped at a hotdog vendor (there's a hotdog vendor on every corner). Since this hostel has full kitchen facilities we were finally able to cook for ourselves. A lady staying at the hostel happens to be a cook for a living and helped us cook some chicken with pasta and caesar salad. After taking a much needed nap we walked to the Red Light District. Enough said.
That night some German guy snored louder than anybody has every heard. So nobody got any sleep. We rented some bicycles the next day and biked out of downtown Amsterdam to see a windmill. We wanted to see the Anne Frank House, but after seeing the huge line up we went back to the hostel to cook supper. That night we went to bed early, but once again, nobody slept. This time our roommates (we're in a room with 14 people) closed the only window which made the room 100 degrees. And somebody was snoring. And somebody got up at 6am and turned the lights on and made a lot of noise.
Today it has been raining all day. We walked to the Anne Frank house and stood in line for an hour..in the rain (should have gone yesterday). And the rest of the afternoon was spent at the laundrymat cause we're all out of clean underwear.
Now it's time to pack up and head to bed for the long train ride to Zurich tomorrow morning!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb