Tempting Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
April 8th 2006
Published: May 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Have a nice day.... Have a nice day.... woken at 2.30AM to Stereophonics wishing me a nice day, when what I really needed was a few more hours of slumber.... Liani's brother and his wife had arrived from South Africa the morning before, it was a whirlwind catchup before dragging ourselves out of bed to be at Gatwick Airport for a 6AM flight. It was a short flight to Schiphol and then a train into Amsterdam itself. The first thing that struck me about the city was that it is full of beautiful little canals criss crossing the city. The other thing is the feel of the place, possibly due to the amount of people that are stoned, Amsterdam tolerates dope smoking, therefore both the locals and the tourists indulge a little...
The four of us wandered around for what seemed like ages to find our place for the night - a cool self contained apartment which was ideal for our purposes. After settling in, we went and found the sex museum - as Bea said 'it was really something'!!!Johan and Bea went off to the Van Gough Museum, while we just wandered around the streets.
Alot of commotion was heard above us during the night, as we discovered in the morning, some chaps upstairs had made use of one of the 'ladies of the night' pictured waiting for her pimp to come pick her up in the morning!
We were then off to Brussels....


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb