Budva


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Budva
July 28th 2017
Published: August 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

The next morning we wanted to leave early to go to Budva but after planning our further way and having breakfast, it was about 11 AM when we left. It was pretty difficult to find a parking spot in Budva, but in the end we found one that was quite cheap, just in front of the tourist information. We went to the seaside where Anne had to buy new flip-flops because hers were broken. On the promenade next to the seaside, we got to understand why they call Budva "Ballermann of Croatia"! There were bars everywhere, it was so touristic, it was awful. We went to the old town where it was quite nice but it was too touristic as well with lots of tourist shops. We decided to have lunch there but it wasn't quite easy to find a place relatively cheap place we both agreed on since I wanted mussels and Anne fish (and fish was quite expensive). In the end we circled back to the old town to a restaurant on a wonderful small beach. It wasn't bad, but for the same price I had already eaten much better and in the end I was still hungry.
All in all, Budva was a disappointment and I can only recommend it to people who like to party but not to travellers like us who like to see a nice old town, visit it quietly (not with music everywhere) and eat well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb