Live like the rich and famous


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco
September 17th 2014
Published: October 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Want to see the rich and the famous? Do you dream about a 80ft yacht and a flash Ferrari? Well then Monaco is the place for you. For one thing, it's incredibly expensive, for another it's very high class.
We drove into Monaco after our dinner, and took in the beautiful views of the Coast side. Our first stop was the palace of Monaco. There is an incredible view from the courtyard and you are able to take photos in front of the palace. According to our tour manager, Toni, movie stars frequent Monaco. Elton John has his own place right on the border of Monaco and France. After we took our typical tourist photos with our go-pros, we then made our way to the Monte Carlo Casino.
My first thought was damn that's beautiful. And then I noticed the cars... Wow! Ferrari, Mercedes, BMWs galore.
To go inside the casino, you need to have your passport on you (the staff don't allow any people from Monaco in) and then there is a few charge of €10 to get it. However, if you don't wish to pay the fee, just walk down the staircase to the Sun Casino- feel free to try your luck at black jack, poker, 21, and any other games there; or go to the bar and sip on a cocktail.
If that isn't to your liking either, you could try the rooftop bar; there is a cover fee of €5 to get in, although the view is worth it!
You can people each up there and play the I-spy game: see how many Ferraris there are. I counted about 30 in an hour.
Top tips for Monaco: 1) do not eat up in the restaurants near the Monte Carlo Casino. It's incredibly expensive. I'm talking €10 for a coke zero and about €17 for a bowl of fries.
2) take your passport.
3) If your on tour, do not miss your bus. It's about a €140 can fee back to Nice.
4) gamble responsibly.
5) Have a drink- whether it be a Cosmo or a Long Island ice tea- they are good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb