Monaco


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco
September 16th 2021
Published: September 19th 2021
Edit Blog Post

We are off to Monaco today. We take the number two tram to Parc Phoenix then walk to St Augustine train station. There are eight young adults around the only ticket machine. They take forever and a line forms behind me. After we finally get our tickets a woman stops to tell me my bag is open. It was my fault I know better than to carry my small backpack on my back. They had unzipped the main section of the bag then unzipped the small side pouch. They took out my wallet with my credit cards, ATM card and drivers license and they put it in the main part of my bag. They only took my 50 euros. I had US dollars in another pouch but they did not take that. Thank you to the pickpockets for leaving my wallet.

We arrive in Monaco the ride is about 40 minute. We walk from the train station to the famous casino. What a clean, the cleanest city I have ever seen. The buildings are well maintained old or new construction. There are many modern tall apartments or condos. The real estate here is one of the most expensive in the world. The casino is not open for gambling yet but they do allow us to walk around. It is a beautiful old world building.

After our tour of the casino we walk along the bay. We find an Italian restaurant at the port. After lunch we walk to the Princess Palace. It is at the opposite side of the bay and uphill. We get to the Palace but it is closed all year. Darn! The small streets near the Palace are full of shops and we buy two things for our granddaughter.

We check out the cathedral then head back to Nice. Monaco is a beautiful city for the rich but we do not gamble or shop in high end stores so it is not a city for us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb