Monaco trip


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco
October 13th 2019
Published: October 14th 2019
Edit Blog Post

A country on it's own....if you are super rich you'll be in Monaco then...didn't recognise anyone famous.

The bus trip to Cap D'Ail is amazing...everyone moves to the seaside of the bus to snap photos it is truly a beautiful scenic route. We opted for disembarkation at Edmond's stop to walk from 'Plage Mala' on the 'Bord de Mer' (the boardwalk by the sea) 1hour 15min easy walk beneath some very expensive & lovely homes set in the rocky hillside. Over Summer the rocks beneath the boardwalk are littered with sunbathers. We came off the walk at Port Cap D'Ail beach & headed inland for a little shade. Past the Clay Tennis courts, the Louis II Stadium of Monaco, recognising now our entry into the Principality.
An escalator ride to the Carrefore Supermarket where we noticed the prices were less than in Nice??
Lunch now in hand we wandered around Fontville Port. Very up market but quiet.

Time to head up to Monaco Harbour itself. Always always overwhelmed by the beauty & extravagance that is way beyond us...another world. A Casino world I beleive. Then there are lots of people like ourselves drooling over the
luxury...that it even exists! Least someone is keeping Monaco turning over. And there it is in such a small space...of a Principality. ...helicopters coming & going to/from Nice Airport.
Fantastic day incorporating a beach side walk & some awe at something entirely different.
Then venture further afield & everyone can have a little slice here...on the French Riviera who ever you are...the Cóte d'Azur is an extremely long coast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb