Monaco of course


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco
October 28th 2017
Published: October 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Cannot come to the French Riveira without visiting Monte Carlo! With all it's tacky predictiveness it still draws a crowd of gawkers like us!
Easytrain ride along the coast (most trains run right on the waters edge-flattest) & run through many tunnels. So it is really scenic from the train most of the journey through Villefranche, Eze sur Mer, Beauleui sur Mer, Cap d'Ail to the Monaco Gare in the tunnel.
Out of there pronto and emerged from the cliff side into the Principality of Monaco. It is a hotchpotch of building designs with many needing attention. It is certainly the playground for the rich who want to be seen by the rich.
We came hoping to see some fancy things and were not disappointed.

A walk up hill to the Casino where most of the expensive cars drive in. Everything is so clean. A bit of rennovating to some buildings so Cartier, Gucci etc relocated to temporary site in the Botanical Gardens.

We wandered further up the hill and in behind on some back streets. I'm not sure if any town planning actually went into consents for building as they seem to have built in front of each other on the cliffside taking out each others views! Perhaps money talks..


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb