Monaco/Nice


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco » Monte Carlo
May 25th 2008
Published: May 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=5at-12LjUis]
First SpotFirst SpotFirst Spot

As you can see, wasn't much of a view, so we moved on from here.
Well, had an interesting day.

Got the train to Monaco, then spent over a hour trying to get to the ticket office, then the 'Rocher' area, which is the only 'non grandstand' viewing area at the race.

Itwas pretty much a disgrace, with the only viewing being on top of some duck boards running up the side of the hill near the palace.

The closest place to the track (which had people there who had been camped there for ages) was still about 100m from the track, with no screen to see the rest of the action.

Bit of a waste of 140 Euro's basically. The only way to do it, would be to get a grandstand ticket, but with those starting at about $350 per seat for one day, and with no shelter from the rain, I'm glad we didn't do that either.

Having been to plenty of motorsport in OZ, I now have a greater appreciation for the events we have to choose from at home, and the accessability they present to the public.

Nice is a bit rough and dangerous feeling. We were warned to keep our doors locked whilst driving, as
MonacoMonacoMonaco

Not a bad spot if you can afford it?
armed hold-ups at traffic lights are a daily occurence, and bag snatching on the streets is apparently 'the norm' also.

To top it all off, there was a bomb scare somewhere between Nice and Monaco on the train trip back, so we sat at one of the stations for about an hour whilst that was sorted out.

Hitting the road first thing tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Royal PalaceRoyal Palace
Royal Palace

Home of the Grimaldi's - the Prince drove out while we were there.
Nice viewNice view
Nice view

Kezza watching the race?
Waiting.....Waiting.....
Waiting.....

For the bomb scare to go away.......


Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb