Valletta


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Malta » Valletta
September 18th 2019
Published: September 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

What a fluke....after purchasing our week transport card we waited for the bus to Valletta along with a mounting number of people. Waved it down on approach & it stopped at our feet...so we boarded first....swiping our card...the driver shut the door on the others saying only 2 people...full up. He basically didn't let anyone else on at the next stops unless someone got off. So with that we felt lucky to get to Valletta today.
Very busy with tourists & groups of people from the enormous cruise ship berthed in the terminal in the Grand Harbour. Valletta is a well used stop for ships & other large vessels due to it being one of the world's deepest natural harbours.
Great to see the typical limestone Maltese houses in the Capital. Even though there is an abundance of cranes on developments nearby, this part of Malta & the 3 cities across the Grand Harbour are now protected from any demolition needed to make way for new buildings. Other parts are protected as well....but I think the people had to fight hard for it. Everything is far more expensive than in 2017. The economy expanded at a rate of 7% in the last year.
Out in the afternoon to the 2min beach...just divine!

29° with 22°overnight





Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.309s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb