Leaving Macedonia


Advertisement
Macedonia's flag
Europe » Macedonia » Skopje
September 2nd 2015
Published: September 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our flight home was in the late afternoon, so after a leisurely breakfast and packing our stuff for the journey home, we walked a short distance from our hotel to the museum of the Macedonian struggle. The Macedonian take on various historical events was really interesting, and the exhibits well explained by an English-speaking guide (who took just ourselves around) - there are numerous paintings and eerily lifelike wax figures that have really taken a lot of work to produce. After the museum, we took a quick walk to Sv Spas church to see the elaborate wood carvings - they were explained with good humour, which made the trip up the steps in the midday sun worthwhile (like most other things in Skopje, it'd been closed on Monday)!



We ate lunch by the river, before catching the airport bus. After spending our last dinar on some wine and ajvar, we boarded our flight. For something with booked seats, it was remarkably chaotic, but amidst the chaos we were moved to the emergency exit row with lots of legroom! It felt a lot colder when we landed at Luton than it had in Skopje...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb