Arrived in Dihovo


Advertisement
Macedonia's flag
Europe » Macedonia » Bitola
August 26th 2015
Published: August 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We left the lake at Ohrid, taking a taxi to the bus station and then the bus on to Bitola. The bus took about 90 mins, climbing up through mountains. On arrival in Bitola we got another taxi to Dihovo. The whole day's transport cost less than £7 between us!



We'll be heading back to Bitola tomorrow to have a look around, but we're staying at Villa Dihovo. It's really highly rated by Lonely Planet and others, and we can see why - it's a big old house, with really nice furniture in our room carved out of interesting-shaped pieces of wood. The family who own the place are really friendly, and there's a nice garden with a hammock! They also grow lots of their own food, and tonight's dinner was delicious and accompanied by a glass of their red wine.



Before dinner we walked up to a little waterfall with a pool below it, where you could swim if you were brave enough, but the water was freezing so we only paddled! There were lovely views of the mountains of Pelister national park along the walk. There used to be a swimming pool filled with water from the river part way along the path, but it's clearly seen better days.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb