Luxembourg City


Advertisement
Luxembourg's flag
Europe » Luxembourg » Luxembourg City
April 15th 2016
Published: April 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We are off on another adventure today. We will spend the next 2.5 weeks in Luxembourg, Belgium and The Netherlands. Our flight from Syracuse to Dulles was slightly delayed and so we had to run to our gate to catch our flight to Frankfort. The flight was fairly good. I watched the new movie sisters with Tina Fey, it was funny. We arrived in Frankfurt, tired but excited for the next leg of the journey. We had enough time to grab some breakfast and relax before we boarded our short 30 minute flight to Luxembourg. I was head bobbing before the flight even took off and was awakened when we landed. The Luxembourg airport was a similar size to the Syracuse airport, but very modern. We grabbed some euros and headed for the bus stop. The bus service was easy to navigate and we had the help of a local to ensure we got off on the correct stop. She only spoke Luxembourgish, so a couple of hand signals and we were on the street headed for the hotel. The hotel is located on a downtown street and we checked in quickly. The beds were calling our names, so a short snooze was in order. We awoke refreshed, cleaned up, and hit the town. We walked to the city center and found the tourist information office. The helpful attendant made some recommendations and we were off. We wandered around the town to find lots of cute squares filled with carnival carts for the holy pilgrims that would arrive over the coming two weeks. Each town makes a pilgrimage to the Norte Dame cathedral to receive special blessings. We checked out the church and the lower town before selecting Jakob's restaurant for dinner. We walked back uphill to work off our dinner before tucking in for the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb