finally calming after all the stress


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Vilnius
May 16th 2008
Published: May 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


111

rural denmark
Hi everyone!
Been a little while since the last update, but it has been incredibly difficult to come by internet cafe's in rural poland.
Since the last blog we had a small accident with our lovely little corsa. Drove into a restircted area in Schwerin in germany, an automatic bollard came up out of the ground and smashed the front end and radiator. Paul was swearing and i was almost crying. But luckily a nice young german man, Gerhard, was passing by who happened to be a mechanic and offered to fix it for us that night! Saved! It was a saturday afternoon and a public holiday on the following monday. Would have been to expensive to fix anyway. So he and one of his mates welded it all up and put in a new second hand radiator, and we're on the road again! Hoorah!
So we've driven across northern germany and Poland, now in Vilinus in Lithuania. Beautiful place and probaby the highlight so far.
We better find a launrymat soon though - running out of clean underwear! laundrymats are a bit think on the ground in this part of the world as well.
Since our last blog we have also visited Copenhagen which was fun - loved the puppet museum. It was a bit of a maze inside though and we found an old dutch lady freaking out running round and round who had been lost in there for over 90 mins. She was having a panic attack as we were the only other people she had seen. I had to lead her out the front door. I could see how it would be a bit creepy though with all this strange puppets everywhere and complete silence.
In Copenhagen we also visited the "free" state of Christiania - an area that has declared itself independent from the EU. was originally started by a bunch of hippes, but these days it is pretty disgusting and just seems like a place where people take drugs and not much else.
In poland we went to this national park where there are massive Sahara type sand dunes on the edge of a forest - incredible. Luckily we were the first ones there in the morning before hoards of school buses rolled up.
Other news is that we may not end up getting a chinese visa due to the chinese government making it extremely difficult. If this is the case we may end up flying out of mongolia to korea for a bit then down to hong kong for our flight back to adelaide. will keep you posted. Our last chance to get a visa is in helsinki. Although, almost tempted to just forget it.....
Anyway, hope you are all well.
Apart from the visa and the car - we are just fine! 😊
xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

66
6

copenhagen
99
9

Scherwin, germany - the scene of the fateful accident with the bollard was just acros that lake
99
9

polish food
99
9

the polish sahara!


18th May 2008

erm... just wondering who was driving when you crashed your car?!!! glad you're both ok and having a fantastic time x

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb