Wasting Time In Vilnius


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Vilnius
September 9th 2007
Published: September 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We had a nice long sleep in again today and neither of us particularly wanted to get up. When we did get up we headed across the city to the bus and train stations to plan our escape route to Poland. Turns out whichever route we take we're spending the full day traveling.

We went for dinner back at the veggie restaurant. Rob finally got his falafel, and I had a vegetable crumble, all very satisfying and yummy. During dinner we booked our hostel in Warsaw. We're going back to dorm life, but hopefully it'll be slightly livelier than Vilnius.

After dinner we had a gentle meander around a square we hadn't seen before. We made a decision to try walking to the Coke Cola Plaza again. We didn't really have anything else to do, so we took our time and had a look around. We stopped for a while and watched a group of stray kittens playing. It's weird how many stray cats there are. If it was England I'd have taken them all home with me, they're so cute.

At the Coke Cola Plaza there was a cinema so we wasted a few hours there. We saw a film called Rogue Assassin with Jet Li in. It wasn't particularly fantastic but better than i expected. The cinema was huge and everyone chose the middle seats first, so we were completely on our own at the side.

Back in the city we decided to go for a cocktail at a place called double coffee so we could use their wifi. We both had strawberry margaritas and sipped them Slowly so Rob could get his grandparents addresses. This took long enough to do that we were getting interesting looks from the waiting staff.

Good old Cili Pica did for tea, nothing special just cheap and cheerful. We discovered that we've been over tipping in some places. We've always aimed for around ten percent but it seems that people just round to the nearest Lt. Oh well.

We are now back at the hostel rather early. Rob is washing his feet as I write this. Wearing the same pair of shoes everyday for about twelve hours can be smelly business, especially when you do as much walking as we have been doing.

We're going to pack our stuff up now so we're ready to leave
Recommended by the guide book and city signsRecommended by the guide book and city signsRecommended by the guide book and city signs

Notice the tourist signs and bins...nice
in the morning. Bring on Poland. Night night everyone. Stob.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The other sightThe other sight
The other sight

peace tile where the human chain from Tallin to Vilnius ended, sounds fascinating...looks boring.
Fancy coctailsFancy coctails
Fancy coctails

We were only here for the free internet, could check emails and more importantly the England score
London pizza!London pizza!
London pizza!

Not strictly on the menu


17th September 2007

YUM!
Big alchofrolic drinks and london pizza's sounds like a nite out in Middlesbrough! Those drinks look mighty nice. Well i very much doubt you will be dissapointed by Warsaw so think of it as something to compare really great places too. Much love xXx

Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 30; qc: 118; dbt: 0.1321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb