Europa Day 40


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 21st 2012
Published: June 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 40

Another lazy day in the Sperlonga beach area. We move slowly, as you do here and eventually decide to do the Tiberian Villa and grotto with the Archeological museum (all attached). Roman ruins found when they were doing a new tunnel. Pretty amazing statues found and restored (Cyclops, Argus, etc.).

Drive on to another sea side area. This one has even more beach mbrellas then we have seen at Sperlonga. Too hard to park so just do a round trip then back and re-pack bags so we are ready to drop the car off tomorrow (that will be a sad day.....). Then into Rome for our last 7 days.

After the bags are re-adjusted once again and papers sorted and culled we head to the beach. Recognised this time by the beach bed guard and all is good. Relax so much hat snoring is heard from one of us....... Then the massage lady appears and I get a rub down that is close to good but not quite (always hard to compare to what are good massages back home).

A swim and while in the water a float plane appears and comes in to land - well almost. A touch and go. Then it dumps aloud of water into the sea after taking off again. Must be practising for water bombing. One more turn directly over us and another load of water filled and dumped then off into the horizon. Another spectacle that we were in the right place at the right time.......

Try to get tea at a restaurant on or close to the sea for our last night. Firest one we go to does to have a menu, just a "talking menu". Only seafood so off to a new option. Next one doesn't do dinner but suggests another one down the road. Off we go. Tick to on the beach, language not so food but we have coped before. Wrong, not this time. Order veal for me but alas, none left. Eventually get an order for steak across the line. Chris orders fish and eventually the cookie delivers our food with lots of nice words, we think.

All good and when we leave we get handshakes and farewells so must have done something right.... Maybe just paying the bill ws the good bit (tad more expensive than some others we have hit lately).

Back to the hotel for a quiet beer, baileys and ice and coffee then to bed.

Another night in paradise over. Into battle with traffic tomorrow to get to Rome airport......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.281s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb