Cinque Terre, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 3rd 2012
Published: May 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Cinque Terre (5 cities)
It only took a little over a couple hours and three short trains for Melissa and I to get to this incredible part of Italy that sat right upon the steep coastline in the northwest region. We only made it to the first two cities, Riomaggoire and Manarola, but we were very satisfied with our trip. We began on a long pathway that followed the curves of the steep mountains above the ocean. When we got to the next city, we found their boat launch which was positioned in a beautiful little cove where a couple people were swimming and the clear blue water. We then headed up another path to the next city that stretched for a mile across the oceanside. Unfortunately, this long gorgeous coastal walk was condemned for being too unstable an walking was no longer an option. So, instead we found steps that were hidden in the terrain that only a few of the many tourists attempted to climb. These led us up the steep hills that were absolutely grueling to climb but, every time we reached a new area we were rewarded with the most incredible views of the coast and of the cities. Eventually we climbed so high that we were actually above the first two cities. Indescribably amazing views so I took many pictures. We ended our day here at a nice little bar and restaurant that sat upon a cliff over their marina and enjoyed a nice cold beer and glass of wine for Melissa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb