230711


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 23rd 2011
Published: July 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th were too windy for Phil to fly, although there were some brave souls taking off. Monday and Tuesday the forecast was not good so we took ourselves off exploring. I wanted to visit the Marmore waterfall near Terni but when we got there we found hordes of tourists and a €7 charge, so we decided not to bother. We had a look around Spoleto, another pretty medieval town with an impressive castle. Then it was out with the bike and up to Castelluccio in the Monte Sibillini National Park. This was a really stunning area, a massive plateau with beautiful flowers and the little village perched on top of the hill. It was also another hang gliding site and we stopped to watch a couple of pilots launch in the very gusty wind.
Thusday 21st July We had a stroll round Gubbio as the weather was still too windy for flying. Friday they all flew down at Assisi but as it was still very windy and Phil was feeling a bit poorly he didn't fly. I went for a long walk up the nearby mountains while he put his feet up. So here we are Saturday and weather still stormy. What shall we do today then?


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

SpoletoSpoleto
Spoleto

Viaduct


Tot: 0.427s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb