Florence Program Day 17 (Sienna)


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
September 11th 2008
Published: September 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a quick breakfast our group walked to the train station to catch the 9:12 ride to Sienna. By 11 we were standing in the city's central, where the old town hall building is located. Located in the Palazzo Publico, the first thing we did was climb the 400 stairs to the top of the building's tower. I had an amazing view of the city, which is surrounded by medieval walls. By the time our group had climbed down we were ready for lunch. After looking around we settled on a pizza place. Then we returned to the hall to see the Munciple Museum.
After seeing the museum we were on our own until we had to catch the train home. Most of us headed to the Duomo first. The church was amazing. The floors were covered with carved scenes and designs, and the architecture was extremely ornate. Our next stop was at the Basilica of San Domenico, which is where the mummified head and finger of "St. Catherine" is kept. I thought it was hilarious, what a joke. And Catholics wonder why everyone else says they are cult-like... geeze. By the time we left Ms. Catherine's remains, we needed to get back to the train station. At 5:18 our train left, and I was on my way back to Florence. For dinner Dana, Grace, and I ate at a Chinese restaurant.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb