Polermo


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
April 28th 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

28 April 2008

We had a long but as usual enjoyable day exploring Palermo, the capital of Sicily.

The morning was spent looking around churches, back streets, markets, city gates, the cathedral and theatres. The city is built in the shadow of 609 m high Monte Pellegrino and in the afternoon we took an exciting bus ride to the Santuario di Santa Rosalila on the mountain. We walked from there to the summit but were disappointed when we got there as its covered in radio and mobile telephone masts. When we returned to the Santuario we got mixed up with our second wedding of the trip.

After taking the bus back to Palermo, updating the blog and then riding the two buses needed to get us back to Sferracavallo until after eight. We went straight to one of the local trattoria where the owner informed us that he only served fish and there was no menu, the guests were expected to eat what they were given. What we had was a delicious feast. For antipasta we were served squid salad, maize cake, fish cake, brocceta, anchovies, meat balls, deep fried calamari, oyster, prawn cocktail and mussels. For second course we had a risotto and two types of pasta. For second course local white fish and three types of shell fish. The lemon sorbet cleared the pallet for our digestive to finish. All this and probably some more we’ve forgotten for €25 per head including wine.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb