Ravenna


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 27th 2004
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Drinking in the CARDrinking in the CARDrinking in the CAR

We just had to take advantage of the fact that you can drink in the car legally!
We left Rome and drove up through Ravenna to a campground on the Adriatic Sea. I had 2 firsts there..... Driving in Italy and Going Topless on the Beach! Lex and I decided that we wanted to take the car and go explore on our own. This probably wasn't best idea considering neither one of us know the roads, what the street signs mean, or any italian(except for vino). It was quite the experience. We took the car to Ravenna, luckily found a place where we could park, and walked around a square. We had found a McDonalds in that square, and we were craving some American food. I know that we are both blondes, and there aren't a lot of blondes in Italy, but we got a lot of stares walking around that square-and I don't really mean good ones. Ravenna isn't the most touristy town, and we were very obviously not from around there. We felt very awkward, got our McDonalds, and got out of there. Somehow we made it back to the campground safe and sound. Then we walked out to the beach with Josh, got some drinks at the bar, and tried out the whole topless beach thing. It was actually not a big deal at all. Everyone there is used to it, so you don't get a lot of nasty guys checking you out, and NO TAN LINES!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb