Most Picturesque Towns and Villages in Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
February 24th 2023
Published: February 24th 2023
Edit Blog Post

The beautiful country of Italy is home to many picturesque towns and villages with amazing architecture, stunning scenery, and rich cultural heritage. Here are some of the most charming towns and villages in Italy that are definitely worth a visit:

01. Alberobello



Alberobello is a small town located in Puglia, a southern region of Italy. It is famous for its unique trulli houses, which are traditional dwellings built without the use of mortar, that have conical-shaped roofs.

One of the best things to do in Alberobello is simply to walk around the town and admire the fairytale-like houses.

02. Simione



Sirmione is located on a small peninsula extending out into Lake Garda, Northern Italy. It is most famous for the medieval Scaligero castle, also known as the "Sinking castle". In fact, visiting it is one of the top things to do in Sirmione.

03. Cinque Terre



The Cinque Terre villages (Manarola, Monterosso a Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia and Riomaggiore) almost need no introduction as they are famous worldwide for their colorful and picturesque views. No matter if you choose to stay overnight or decide to visit from Florence or Pisa as a day trip, you're guaranteed to have a great time.

04. Limone sul Garda



Limone sul Garda is another town in the Garda region, this time in the Northern part of the lake. One of the best things to do in Limone (apart from strolling around the picturesque tiny town) is to walk on the Cicoplista del Garda or visit a lemon groove.

05. Varenna



Varenna is a charming village on the eastern shore of the famous Lake Como in northern Italy. Known for its colorful houses, narrow streets, and beautiful gardens, Varenna is a great location to unwind for a few days. It's also less busy than the popular Bellagio.

06. Bellagio



Often referred to as the "Pearl of Lake Como", Bellagio is one of the most popular destinations on Lake Como and is known for its luxury hotels, posh villas, and charming gardens. One of its main attractions is the lakefront promenade, which offers stunning views of both Como and the surrounding mountains.

Travelers can also explore the town's narrow streets and alleys, lined with shops, restaurants, and chic cafes.

07. Positano



Positano is a picturesque town located on the popular Amalfi Coast, most famous for its colorful houses, narrow streets, and stunning sea views.

08. Venice



Venice is, without doubt, the most-known destination on this list, Built on a group of islands that are connected by canals and bridges, the city is famous for its great architecture, rich history, and romantic atmosphere. It is one of the most unique destinations in the world and its fame is well-deserved.

09. Taormina



Taormina is a charming village located on the eastern coast of Sicily, Italy. It is perched on a cliff overlooking the Ionian Sea, with the imposing Mount Etna as a background. Taormina is known for its beautiful beaches, ancient ruins, and dramatic views.

10. Polignano a Mare



Polignano a Mare is a charming town located on the coast of the Puglia region, in southern Italy. The town is known for its beautiful beaches, rugged coastline, and picturesque historic center, perched on a cliff overlooking the Adriatic sea.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb