Palermo, Sicily to Naples then to Olbia,Sardinia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 5th 2022
Published: May 5th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We had been to Palermo many years ago but when we got off the ship we didn't recognize anywhere. The streets were uneven and there was loads of litter so didn't stay long. There were important things to do on board like going to the hairdresser, playing Trivia at which we have won several times and finally having a Hot Rocks dinner on the pool deck. This is where you cook your own meat or fish however you like it and have with a salad so very simple but nice. The following day we docked at Naples, another place we had been to before but again didn't recognize. We had a coach trip all around which was OK but ended up none the wiser. Very busy city and the guide was very amusing. We won at Trivia later and then had dinner in the evening with our Trivia team, two Brits and two Americans. followed by the Show which was opera arias , our favourite songs. The weather so far has been amazing but today when we docked in Olbia, Sardinia it was cloudy but at least it didn't rain. Olbia is a nice small town with lovely pedestrianised street with lots of shops and bars. We stopped at the two churches for the cultural side before heading back to the ship for long lunch, our favourite meal of the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

VesuviusVesuvius
Vesuvius

It looks like 2 peaks but before the eruption over Pompeii it was one big one.


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb