Vicenza and back to Lake Garda 4 Oct 2013


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Vicenza
October 5th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Vicenza and back to Lake Garda 4 Oct 2013

ON the morning of Friday 4 October, and after Gemma and I had another swim in the heated, indoor pool at the camp site outside Venice, we left via a supermarket to do some food shopping, and headed west for Vicenza.

Vicenza’s architecture has mainly resulted from the work of the architect Palladio, around the 1520s onwards.

It can almost be described as a quaint town with many walking malls. The heart of the historical Vicenza is Piazza dei Signori. This has white stone walls and double arcades. The Teatro Olimpico is the other most significant work of Palladio. Unfortunately it was closed but it was built in 1580 with inspiration from Roman amphitheatres where Palladio learned his profession. When peeping through the closed gates we saw many Roman-like statues. They had regular performances in the theatre.

Kerrie said to Gemma that while in Italy it is alright to have a gelatti each day. So we also had a gelatti each in Vicenza. The icecream is sooo creamy in Italy – yum!!

We then drove back to Lake Garda and Kerrie found this massive camping spot Bella Italia which was right on Lake Garda near the town of Sirmione. It is the biggest park we had seen. There were several restaurants and a café, multiple play grounds, swimming pool (no indoor heated pools though) and a most amazing “Sun Park” which was full of inflated jumping castles. Not long after we arrived and settled in, I took Gemma to this Park while Kerrie cooked a beautiful meal for us xx.

We had a late dinner after Gemma finished at the play ground (which she loved), with another drop of Moet & Chandon!!

After a good sleep we headed east to Verona for the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb