Venezia - The Floating City of Romance


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
April 7th 2012
Published: April 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Romance??

Check out the picture of our Hotel room. 5 beds in one room. What more could you ask for? The Beltrami Bunch will be spending some quality family time together for the next two nights.

We left Firenze today round 11am. It was lightly raining but nothing to worry us on the drive out of Tuscano. Being Easter Saturday, the roads seemed relatively quiet and we had an easy drive north. Even along the Autostrade the countryside in Tuscano is lovely - beautiful green hills and homes scattered amongst them. With all the hills, there are many tunnels to journey through. Damian remembered how exciting these were to travel through when he was in Italy, as a child, on holiday but the ragazzi didn't seem overly impressed.

Leaving Tuscano, we entered the region of Emilia-Romagna and here the hills seem to become plains. It was also here that the traffic suddnely slowed. We thought wew were approaching a rain belt but it turned out to be quite large hailstorm. The temperature outside dropped about 10 degrees and cars stopped driving. We got through this fairly quickly and headed on to the Veneto region.

A quick stop
Hotel Ca' D'OroHotel Ca' D'OroHotel Ca' D'Oro

Our cosy hotel room. And we do mean room (not pural).
at the Autogrill for a comfort break, a drink, an espresso (even a Euro 1.00 espresso at Autogrill is heaps better than any coffee you'll buy in Australia!!) and some Diesel and then it was on to Venice and the Troncherro car park.

Autostrada tolls were Euro 18. Car parking at Troncherro was Euro 42 and the water ferry to our hotel was Euro 26. This is getting ridiculous.

After checking in to our Hotel we went for a stroll and found a place to eat. No surprises as to what was on the menu, or the cost. But we didn't have much of a choice and the alternative was spending more time together in a small hotel room (by the way, our Hotel is quite nice).

Also, Nick finally decided that after looking at the strange second toilet in all of our apartments that he would finally try out the bidet. He wasn't impressed with the water pressure - apparently the others he has seen had more power. We didn't ask if he enjoyed the experience.

As we write this we can hear church bells tolling, no doubt proclaiming Easter.

We wish all of our family and friends a safe and happy Easter. We are very fortunate to be spending our Easter in beautiful Venice, but miss everyone at this time. Wish you could all be here with us (just not all in this hotel room!).


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Venice Canal at NightVenice Canal at Night
Venice Canal at Night

This photo was taken at about 8:30pm just outside of our Hotel. It was very dark so a slower shutter speed and high ISO was used.


7th April 2012

Happy Easter to you all. Hope the Easter bunny has found you. Wish we were there with you.
8th April 2012

Enjoy the cosy sleep in Venice!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb