Verona


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
June 19th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

With the localsWith the localsWith the locals

Outside the arena in Verona.
Verona

We woke up early (5am) and attempted a backpack re-shuffle trying to make them appear to weigh less and far more comfortable, mine is sorted, Cats is still attempting to break her shoulders!

Once on the bus we played knock out the locals with the back packs as the bus verged around corners and we wobbled about as Cat tried to balance no handed complete with back pack full of small children (we haven't really stolen children, just feels like we have!)

After we had crushed some locals and caused havoc on the bus we headed over the three bridges separating us from the station, and a seat! A lovely Air conditioned Euro star greeted us, complete with electricity and plugs to charge up phones!! Then it was the 2 hour train Journey to Verona.

A minor detour and complete lack of maps helped us on our way to Verona central. We arrived a mini Colosseum which is fairly in tacked, what I am finding so impressive about roman buildings is just how cold they are!! No air con required, just build out of huge pieces of stone, sorted... probably cheaper in the long run...

From the Arena we wandered up to find Juliette, bearing in mind this house is fictional anyway we began to wonder if the search for it was just a laugh for the locals as hundreds of tourists lined the streets searching for Jules. Eventually after some fruit we found a bigger crowed of people, and as we have found wherever there is a crowed there is something you'd like to see but are blocked from doing. Sure enough this crowed was flocking in through the graffiti (in love notes) gate way and into yet another flock of tourists gathered around the statue of Juliette to grope her right breast for luck.... It would be right to have left with out have a quick grope ourselves.

From there we headed back to the station to spend the afternoon in Bologna...



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



28th June 2008

sounds like fun.
Any pictures yet?
3rd July 2008

Matt
what in the name of arse does that say?! English only, and proper English!! flipping ek!!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb