Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
June 8th 2008
Published: June 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The trouble with expecting something wonderful is that it may not quite live up to expectations. Venice is certainly unique and it has some amazingly ornate buildings but it lacked something; it lacked colour and regular daily life. I’m used to colourful flowers tumbling from the window boxes and washing hanging from the buildings. Although the carnival mask shops were beautiful and the gondoliers elegant it just lacks soul. It wasn’t as expensive as I was expecting either; apart from a Gondolier ride, 80 euro ($145) for 25 min. Just couldn’t part with the money I’m afraid. Our apartment is really central only a few minutes walk to Piazza St Marco or to the Rialto bridge. In the piazza closest to us there were tables and chairs set up for the corner bar but being Sunday night that was closed so we took some wine, glasses and nibbles to hang out while the kids had a run around. It was the perfect spot so we then got some kebabs, I’m so over pizza (but Darcy the pizza fanatic had pizza); a cheap night out in Venice.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Pizza for one!Pizza for one!
Pizza for one!

Darcy was so excited to get such a large pizza for him self; he went into a feeding frenzy and bit his finger! P.S. he finished all but one slice.


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb