Day 1 TRAVEL to SHIP


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
September 8th 2022
Published: September 8th 2022
Edit Blog Post

View from CabinView from CabinView from Cabin

A pleasant sight after a miserable travel day.
After many hours of frantic phone calls we have gotten tickets to get to Venice. Air Canada saved the day while Expedia just washed their hands and told us they couldn’t help us.

Route is Toronto to Montreal then on to Venice. The issue is we have 40 minutes to connect In Montreal and 1 hour to get the shuttle from Venice to Ravenna (port city where the cruise ship is) Note: cruise ships aren’t allowed in Venice any more.

We get to the airport without a hitch! It’s all downhill from here.

The 1 hour flight to Montreal was fairly smooth and after landing we were told that we can’t get the plane to the gate because it is blocked by another plane. (a storm in the Ottawa area) It should only be 15 minute delay. Connection window shrinking. We were also told that our connection was also delayed so no worries. (HA!)

65 minutes after landing we were let off the plane and because of Ray’s cast we got a racing car shuttle thru the airport to make the connection. I was the last to board the plane for our 9 our flight to Venice.

None of us were seated together and it was a long flight.

After landing and rushing to make the shuttle we discover that we have no luggage. Now before getting on the 3.5 hour bus ride we have to go to the lost and found to start the luggage recovery process.

The road from Venice to Ravenna (cruise port) was a bumpy ride. Note: cruise ships are no longer allowed in Venice.

Finally get to the ship and we are the last ones to board. They pulled up the gangway behind me.

OMG where’s the bar?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0884s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb