Portogruaro


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Portogruaro
September 3rd 2015
Published: September 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Thursday is market in Portogruaro so we parked at the town house and walked into the old town where the market is held mainly on two streets. Most of the markets are women’s clothing, children’s clothing and some men’s clothing. It goes to show where the priorities are. On inspection I think most of the clothing is sizes either too large or too small. There aren’t so many items in between where most people buy. There are a number of food stalls for cheese and fruit and vegetables as well as stalls for plants and flowers. We bought some fish, a shirt for Linds and some flowers for Pierina. By the numbers of people, it is obviously a very popular market mainly with the locals.

Lunch, cooked by Piero was back at the house. We had spaghetti with cockles – very tasty – followed by salmon and baked potatoes. Also very good.

We checked out the shopping centre where Daph had bought her SIM card. The phone hasn’t worked properly and won’t send or accept texts. Other stuff it will do if there is a wifi connection. The answer was simple. Daph had put the SIM card in back to front! Voila! It wasn’t her day as she also lost her MasterCard and had her husband put a stop on it. It was found later behind and under a dresser, thank goodness. So, two problems solved.

We, in the meantime were still on the hunt for bike shorts since the lycra in mine is kaput. In the huge Decathlon store there was plenty of sports gear of every type but not in the middle sizes so we gave that search up and headed for home on another warm day. At least the temps are not in the mid thirties and are now in the high twenties – still too hot, but more bearable for Kiwis from the more temperate zones.

Our day finished with a walk along the country roads in the dark. It was very quiet and warm and just perfect for meandering. Because it’s so flat in the Veneto it’s very easy to lose sense of where you are and we have found we’re much closer to the town of Annone Veneto than we thought and the railway is just at the end of the road from the farmhouse.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb