Garda


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Peschiera del Garda
September 26th 2010
Published: September 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bavaria to Lake Garda


Wednesday 22nd September 2010

Back on the road and south via Austria and the Brenner Pass to Lake Garda, Italy.
A long days drive rewarded with fabulous mountain scenery and the drive down Lake Garda - North to South on the east bank. A hot sunny day and our first taste of real Italian pizza and ice cream.

Thursday 23rd September 2010

A relaxing day after yesterday’s long journey with a short walk into Peschiera del Garda along the lakeside. We bought fresh pasta and watched it being made and had a hot milk instead of milky coffee after some local language difficulty around the word Latte - we live and learn !
Afternoon was spent by the pool as at 28 degrees it was about warm enough and the boys wanted to try out the slides !

Friday 24th September 2010

Day out in Verona using the local bus which stopped directly opposite the campsite gates ( please note this in UK ). Another hot day and ideal for getting a feel of the Roman Amphitheatre ( history lesson ) which is over 2000 years old and is now the home of Verona Opera ( music lesson ).
The following walk took us past some of the most exclusive shops in Europe ( note past not in ) and on to see the most famous balcony in the world - Juliet’s of ‘where for art thou Romeo ?’ fame and on to Romeo’s own gaff a couple of streets away. On to look at the lovely squares and buildings a real treat especially when fortified by ice cream !

Saturday 25th September 2010

Overnight we had slight precipitation - boy did it rain !!!
To those of you not familiar with sleeping in a caravan or motorhome when it rains it makes a bit of noise on the roof. On this occasion it sounded like a drumming contest and lasted several hours till about 5am !
Happy Birthday Maxine ! - Drum Roll.

Breakfast in bed ! Real bacon and a full English whats this camping lark come to ?

Birthday treat - Lake Garda cruise, wine tasting and dinner at a lakeside venue - bliss !

Boat trip from Peschiera del Garda to Bardolino ( nearly missed the boat - well spotted Ben )
Visit to the Zeni winery at Bardolino and extensive tasting of Bardolino, Valpolicella and Soave wines.
Very pleasant ( relaxed and comfortably numb ) stroll back to the town thankfully all down hill ! Boys in charge of adults and rewarded with yet another gelato.
Dinner ( grilled sea bass ) overlooking Lake Garda with a glass or two of Prosecco.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



27th September 2010

NO Contest.
Look Paul if you put a pic of Max on the blog surrounded by Local wine, wild mushrooms , and beautiful lakeside scenery .. what are we all gonna be interested in? Oh Yeah... appya birth-a-day Thingy! Looks like you're having a great time .. Have fun Kids... and Jack and Ben!!
28th September 2010

La Dolce Vitae
I am so envious of you now. The North doesn't do it for me, but I love Italy and have spent many wonderful times on Lake Garda ( yes it does rain heavily) and in Verona. Fabulous. For your information it is grey, foggy and 13 degrees in the North of England today. Keep blogging.

Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb