Surprise!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Umbertide
July 8th 2023
Published: July 10th 2023
Edit Blog Post

After months and months of plotting, scheming and straight-out lying, we couldn’t believe the day had finally arrived! The tightly managed schedule was tracking well when we left but less well when we hit the freeway…headed in exactly the wrong direction.

Adding half an hour to the journey when your nerves are already on a knife edge is even less good when you get the message from Heathrow that the intricately orchestrated plan looks to be falling at the final hurdle due to BA’s overbooking. Some tense minutes, some tears and an express trip to Pisa and we received the joyous news that the plan was back on track. Piazza dei miracoli it truly was!!

So back on our way to collect our online order which required a significant amount of wondering and wandering but we were pleased to jam it all in the car. Next stop the Villa but not before a final piece of manipulation to ensure the surprise was not blown.

Everyone started to arrive…except for the wine delivery, which encountered a few hurdles along the way. Finally she arrived, amongst tears and happiness (that we finally had alcohol!). So obviously we had to have some of the alcohol, and settled in for a nice relaxing dinner…but wait, are there more surprises in store?! Who is that strange woman hiding in the bushes?! Who could it be?!

We pulled it off!! More tears, more alcohol and now I can finally relax…!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb