Hello from Cinque Terre


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
June 5th 2011
Published: June 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived here from Florence, with a quick stop in Pisa to see the leaning tower. Yes, it's leaning and no, it doesn't look like it will fall anytime soon. Our train from Florence went straight to Pisa and, after exiting the train station, we jointly took a cab with a couple of Canadian girls so that we didn't have to do the long walk to the tower. We took our pics (will be uploaded to Facebook soon we hope) and then headed back to the train station to catch the train to Cinque Terre.

Our hotel in Cinque Terre is really nice, though it is up the mountainside a few kilometres. It's called Il Parco B&B and really is a lovely little B&B nestled in the foothills of this beautiful town. We took a walk through the town last night and had dinner by the seaside in a little restaurant. We finally encountered some rain, but managed to make it 99% of the way back to the hotel before it really started pouring down.

Tomorrow (Monday) will be our first full day in Cinque Terre, the five seaside towns hat Amy has so dearly wanted to visit. We're staying in Monterosso Al Mare, the northernmost of the five towns and the one with the lovely beaches. It's quite full of tourists, but not as packed as being on a resort in the Caribbean, Miami, etc. Our plan (Amy's plan, that is) is to walk the trail connecting the five towns. It's 7 miles in length and said to be one heck of a hike so it should be interesting!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb