Tuscany


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
March 29th 2010
Published: March 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tuscany is a beautiful spot in Italy. Firenze, Sienna, San Guimignano, Volterra, all beautiful places to visit.
The weather was very good, not too hot, a few raindrops at night. Just what we need. The food is very good. The hotel Pace in Montecatini, was a nice hotel.

Tuscany is known for its beautiful landscapes, its rich artistic legacy and vast influence on high culture. Tuscany is widely regarded as the true birthplace of the Italian Renaissance, and has been home to some of the most influential people in the history of arts and science, such as Petrarch, Dante, Botticelli, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Galileo Galilei, Amerigo Vespucci and Puccini.

Tuscany has a unique culinary tradition, and is famous for its wines (most famous of which are Chianti, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Morellino di Scansano and Brunello di Montalcino.

Carrara is a city and comune in the province of Massa-Carrara (Tuscany, Italy), famous for the white or blue-grey marble quarried there. It is on the Carrione River, some 100 kilometres (62 miles) west-northwest of Florence.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb