To the end


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Siena
August 4th 2009
Published: August 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Pizza ai frutti di marePizza ai frutti di marePizza ai frutti di mare

Seafood pizza at Castiglione.
Apologies for the lack of updates, but the drive toward the end of the season is always a crazy one.

Epic beach trip to Castiglione della Pescaia happened, and even though it was gorgeous, the only picture I took was of my excellent seafood pizza. Shows where my priorities have turned as of late.

There was a return trip to Massa Marittima and a successful entrance into the OPEN archaeological museum. The museum was a total waste of time, however. The whole thing smelled like a bathroom, and there was actually a display on spelunking (spelling?) complete with dummies hanging from the ceiling as if rapelling off the wall. Photos would have been taken, but closed circuit cameras and a grumpy museum front desk person prevented me from doing so.

Key: Purchased Italian orange road worker pants. Best. Pants. Ever.

And most importantly, last night was Boozeball. Many pairs of orange pants were worn. Many terrible beers were consumed. Many terrible beers were used to spray down people. Typical boozeball shennanigans.

Tonight is our staff dinner. It will not be in a restaurant. There is a spit and a suckling pig on deck. Fire building will
Neolithic ItalyNeolithic ItalyNeolithic Italy

Photo taken of Massa Marittima diorama while pressed against the wall behind the security camera.
begin at noon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

San Galgano Hammock BarSan Galgano Hammock Bar
San Galgano Hammock Bar

Best find of the summer: Prosecco while in a hammock.
What?What?
What?

On a jacket at the store where we bought orange pants.
ShennanigansShennanigans
Shennanigans

Boozeball 2009. Bases: boxes from beer. Ball: soccer. Bat: Pickaxe handle.


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb