San Gimignano and Siena


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Siena
January 7th 2009
Published: January 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Monday Jan. 5th our next visitors arrived safely in Bologna! My (Kristi's) cousins Josh and Ashley started their travels in London and went to Madrid, Barcelona, Rome and Florence before coming to see us in Bologna. They were quite tired from all of their travels and stays in hostels so we had a dinner at "Hotel Kopacz", relaxed and went for a little walk around Bologna.

We woke up early on Tuesday to take a day trip to Siena and San Gimignano in Tuscany. Jason had Monday and Tuesday off for Italian holiday.

San Gimignano is a very small town outside of Siena on a hill and they are famous for their architecture and wine! We wandered the narrow hilly streets taking in the views, browsing the shops and enjoying our 1st slice of pizza for the day. Jason and I bought a really cool painting of the town and of course stocked up on some more local wine that I can't enjoy yet! Next we were headed to Siena.

Siena is a small town in the heart of Tuscany. There aren't a ton of tourist attractions but it's a great town to walk around the shops, look at the architecture of the Piazza Del Campo and the Duomo cathedral as you can see in our pictures. There was a festival going on for the Italian holiday Santo Stefano Day so the piazza was packed. On our way out of Siena we enjoyed our 2nd slice of pizza for the day Italian style.

It was a nice day of relaxing and enjoying two towns in Tuscany that are beautiful. Enjoy the pictures!

Love...Jason and Kristi


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



15th January 2009

:)
I heard you don't even have to be in Italy to eat pizza on 2 separate occasions in one day... I'm glad you're savoring your last few weeks in Italy!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb