Tuscany


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » San Casciano in Val di Pesa
July 24th 2012
Published: July 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello! Tuscany delights...there is no other way to describe this locale...Villa Mangicone is a restored villa with magnificent views of the vineyards, olive gardens and the most amazing vistas - I am sure that our photos will not do it justice. We arrived in Firenze (Florence) by train from Rome, which was a beautiful way to travel. We taxied just 25 minutes out of the city to this beautiful vinyard and restored villa...it is something right out of a fairy tale. Please google the establishment www.mangiacane.com to see the photos and descriptions...I do not think that my descriptions after our afternoon of wine tasting on the terrace will do it justice. 😊 This is a place that I would love to return to with Scottie...it is a countryside teaming with birds, flowers, herbs and the aroma of grapes beginning to ripen. The luxurious attention to detail and the surrounding beauty would capture Matt's heart as well. We spent the afternoon wandering the hillsides to the small medieval village which one can see from the balcony...the villa is the home of the Machiavelli family which was abandoned for 100 years after the war and refurbished by a South Africian entrepreneur...the artwork and sculptures are representative of African culture and artisans, yet the villa has traditional Italian frescos that are so beautiful. We learned much in our wine tasting course this afternoon and have sampled the wines of this region...famous for Chianti. Sherry was quite delighted to be recognized for her good nose by the wine guide... We have purchased and packed some samples to bring home. Joel...this is the place for your upcoming vacation-trust me on this!

The infinity pool under the Tuscan sun is incredible and we hope to spend a few hours there tomorrow before our traditional Tuscan culinary class ... if our cooking skills result in anything like our dinner tonight we may never leave the kitchen again! Fun, laughter, long discussions, great walks and incredible experiences continue as we enjoy the sights of Italy and each other's company...We miss our families and love you all! Lynn and Sherry

Advertisement



26th July 2012

SO envious!
It really does look like something out of piece of romantic fiction. Glad you are being spoiled and having a great time!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb