Radda in Chianti Wine Tour


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Radda in Chianti
July 22nd 2023
Published: August 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Todays plan with Alan was to have us do 3 wine tastings, and after a nice 1 hour trip we arrived at the first winey.

Albola Winery and Castle seemed like a nice place to start, we parked and went in, they were lovely and friendly sat us down in their sheltered courtyard and gave us an explanation of the operation and wines. We tried one white, 3 reds and a surprise dessert wine. The dessert wine was a unexpected treat and a long with a couple of bottles of Chianti Riserva we left with a dessert wine.

We found a great little off the beaten path lunch spot before continuing our tour.

Off to our second winery Cantina Castelvecchi . How ever when we arrived there was no one to be seen, we poked around for 5 minutes pushed the bell at reception, they must have seen our Tourist plates and hid from us... hehe.

We decided to cut our losses and go to a nice looking winery at the bottom of the hill from this Winery. We pulled up to the main building of Castello di Radda and was greeted by two young italian men with great english, offering us a tour of the facility before a tasting.

We were treated to one of the best winery tours I have ever been on, notwithstanding I did an Access all Areas (even non-public Areas) tour of Chateau Reynella in SA once. Our guide was sensational at describing the different parts of their operation from Crushing to Labeling. We were then sat down in the tasting room, offered plates of cheese and bread as wells a smorgasbord of 7 wines to try (See photos of Rose's lineup). We were so impressed, we purchased a couple of bottles of the Chianti Classica Riserva 2016 (our guide said this is the best vintage in 10 years) to take home and 12 bottles couriered back to Melbourne. This has proven an expensive exercise!

As the Tour and tasting at Castello di Radda took us a couple of hours we decided to skip the final wine tour and headed back to Monsummano Terme, very satisfied with our day out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb