Lucca!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Lucca
October 29th 2005
Published: November 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We arrived by train and got a cab to our accomodation. Jules and I were bunking in with two other girls (Brooke and Claire) from Melbourne. We got dropped off in this dodgy little alley way, and were told to ait until Mel, the tour leader arrived with our keys to get in....

It got darker....and darker....and darker......

So Adam found a bar and grabbed a couple of cold 'Forsts' to wait it out.

Mel arrived with our keys and we then trekked up 4 VERY steep flights of stairs. Up until now, I had been bagging Jules' idea of backpacks, wishing I had a case with wheels....now I had to eat a plate of words (as Greer would say!).

At the top of this mountain of stairs lay our gorgeous apartment, very nice, had a real 'bach' type feel to it. Our room was a good size, the bed comfy and a LOUNGE with TV!!!!!

And most important...it had MTV!

- a little side note....

We haven't been away long, but sometimes you just want to watch TV in English...you know, you just want to be able to sit down and let someone else do the talking and laughing for you? Well MTV Europe is about as close as it gets. Every now and then an English speaking programme will come on, very welcome relief.

Lucca is a medieval walled city, it's really quaint and the whole city (well, its more like a big village) is contained within it. This is great during the day, but most places close early at night, so we managed to go and get a bite from a nice Ristorante and then a few of us headed off to the ONLY bar in town that was open.

A few quiet drinks and then off to bed, we had bike riding to do the next day!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb