Chianti is VERY easy to drink!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Gaiole in Chianti
June 11th 2015
Published: October 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 43.4693, 11.4333

Off to the airport to pick up our car- a zippy little Mercedes A class automatic.
Put GRASSINA into the GPS and headed off, managed the A1 toll road then took our expected exit. However, we later discovered that we had selected the hamlet, not the village of Grassina, and had an interesting drive thru the Tuscan backroads for an hour before selecting another destination.
We found our way to GREVE in Chiantia an hour or so later, and stopped for lunch. Derek enjoyed most of the driving, luckily the back roads were quiet.
Without an exact address for the hotel, we headed off towards GAIOLE via RADDA and managed to see the hotel's sign as we drove along the SP2.

Checked in, unpacked the car and had a well deserved welcome drink or two!

Dinner was anti-pasto and BBQ cooked by the hotel's chef out in the courtyard. Finished off with sweet wine and biscotti - hic!

Next morning, up and off to Monteriggione, a medieval walled village, well worth a visit.
Back via RADDA for lunch and some panorama photos.
A quiet afternoon, and dinner at the hotel.

Kate had a rough night, so we had a slow start next day.
Wandered around GAIOLE village, then to GREVE for a visit to the market, and lunch in RADDA on the way back.

Snoozes in the afternoon and takeway pizza on the patio for dinner.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb