Day 6: Tuscan country side/ Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 8th 2013
Published: May 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Last night we had a four course meal at a restaurant that looked over the water in Sorrento. Unfortunately it was the second time that day where I had to use my nursing skills as an older lady tripped over and fell hard on the ground and hit her head. Most people travel overseas to escape from work, but you can't completely escape when you are a nurse 😞. Anyway today we got up early and headed to Florence through the Tuscan countryside where we tasted some of the best wines in Florence. After that we continued to drive to Florence where we had to change our hotel at the last minute, but for a 4 star hotel instead of a 3 star 😊. We just came back from dinner where I had the best spaghetti bolognese I have ever tasted! Tomorrow we get to explore Florence, which is world famous for its renaissance art!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

TuscanyTuscany
Tuscany

Wine tasting
FlorenceFlorence
Florence

The best spaghetti and meat balls I have ever tasted! Probably one of my favorite dishes I had overseas.


9th May 2013

Oh Melissa,. Good to see you keeping your nursing skills updated. He, He. It sounds wonderful the resturant in sorento and traveling thru the tuscan countryside. Wow you lucky piggy. Flornce will be awesome Melissa. Hope you and Nakita have a great day. Buy a wallett. Much love Mum.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb