Florence Sunday 10-7


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
October 10th 2012
Published: October 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

View of Florence Duomo from apt terraceView of Florence Duomo from apt terraceView of Florence Duomo from apt terrace

Florence Duomo from apt terrace
The start of our trip from Minneapolis was shaky as we had a 1.5 hour delay while Delta replaced a control panel on the plane. It stopped working after we boarded so we sat on the plane for 1.5 hours before the start of an 8 hour flight. They made up about an hour of that so we arrived in Amsterdam only about 45 minutes late. Luckyfor us we had a 3.5 hour layover as the Amsterdam airport was crowded and busy at 6:30 AM. All of the shops were open and there were a lot of them. It also took over and hour to get through security.

After that the flight in to the small (very small) airport in Florence was uneventful. A taxi ride into town and we were met by the couple that owned the apartment we are renting for the month at the taxi stand by the Duomo. A 100 foot walk to the building and we were home for October. After greetings and a short intro to the town by way of a map and a tour of the apartment we slept from 1 to 6 PM since we had been up for 20+ hours. Then it was off to the bar for a bite to eat and some strolling around town.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.49s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.4159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb