Lunch at Cantinetta da Verrazzano


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
March 12th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Cantinetta da VerrazzanoCantinetta da VerrazzanoCantinetta da Verrazzano

Inside the Cantinetta da Verrazzano
Every time I spend some time in Florence I go to have lunch at Cantinetta da Verrazzano, an excellent bakeryin the historical center.

The Cantinetta da Verrazzano is located in via dei Tavolini, a small street in between Piazza della Signoria and Piazza Duomo. It is a small place when you can taste some really good food, such as the typical schiacciata all'olio.

You can taste several types of typical breads and schiacciata farcita, together with lots of different biscuits and cakes, that are home-made.

In addition you can take a sit and have a proper lunch with local hams and cheeses while drinking great Chianti wine. In fact the Cantinetta da Verrazzano is the twon shop of the famous Castello da Verrazzano , that produces an excellent Chianti wine since 1150.

Most of the products you eat at the Cantinetta are produced from the farm Verrazzano and are all home-made. I personally love thier biscuits "brutti ma buoni" with cornflakes and their schiacciata farcita with mushrooms. Don't forget to get a piece of cake, it doesn't matter which one, since they're all delicious!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Cantinetta da VerrazzanoCantinetta da Verrazzano
Cantinetta da Verrazzano

Hams and cheeses are home-made from the farm Verrazzano, located in Chianti


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb