Gelato! Gelato! Gelato!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
September 8th 2011
Published: September 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Yummy!!Yummy!!Yummy!!

Me and Ruby eating Gelato is a typical Gelatoria.....
Italian food is delicious! Pizza, Pasta, Cheese, but above all, GELATO! Gelato is Italian Ice Cream, but in my opinion, way better (Sorry America)!

Gelato comes in so many different flavors, most of it is fruit flavors, but they also have some Chocolate (cioccolato), Chocolate Chip (Stracciatella), Mint (Menta), and finally Mint Chocolate Chip (Menta de Stracciatella). My favorite are the Fruit Flavors, Peach (Pesca), Strawberry (Fragola), and Rasberry (Lampone). Gelato is made with tons of air, and so it tastes very fresh and very light.

There is Gelatorias everywhere, some are small, and family owned but others are big with lots of flavors. The people who hand out Gelato usually speak plenty of English but it still fun to try and speak Italian with them, they will always answer you in English, but it is still fun.

The Gelato prices are very inexpensive, they are usually about 2,00 Euros for a cup. There are plenty of gelato places around my apartment so when we are going out for a walk we stop into a Gelatoria and get a cup of Gelato.

My friend Ruby and I have a list of all the Gelato we have had since we have been here, and we are choosing our favorite at the end of the four months. Recently, Phil and I found a big Gelatoria right around the corner and I am excited to try it out.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb